Mustangs Tennis win close match against Oceana
Capuchino Men's Tennis team took another close match into the win column when it beat Oceana in Pacifica on Tuesday, March 14, 2013 by the score of 4-3. It couldn't be any closer.
The Mustang's top singles player Mark "The Koff" Kofman won a tense match at number one singles by the score of 6-3, 6-3. Nathan Villavicencio followed by winning his number four spot by the score of 7-5, 6-3. Nathan had a surprising win the previous day beating his counterpart from Mills.
Lucas Magni, a freshman and junior Max Heikel toook care of their opponent 6-2, 6-3 to make the Mustangs match lead to 3-2. The team match was clinched by two freshman playing doubles at number two doubles. The doubles team of freshmen Kyle Vickery and Justin Cheng had a close match winning 6-4, 7-5.
The number one doubles team of Adam Magni and Miguel Salazar came close but fell short after a long and competitive match at 7-6, 4-6, 6-7.
1. Mark Kofman def. Ricky Van, 6-3, 6-3
2. Nate Andaya lost to Alan Vasilkovsky, 2-6, 1-6
3. Jhon Simon lost to Dante Fernandes, 0-6, 2-6
4. Nathan Villavicencio def. Kevin Lin, 7-5, 6-3
1. Adam Magni/Miguel Salazar lost to Jeremy Fontelar/Oliver Ma, 7-6, 4-6, 6-7
2. Kyle Vickery/Justin Cheng def. Alex Reyes/Louis Song, 6-4, 7-5
3. Lucas Magni/Max Heikel def. Joseph Alderson/Johann Quan, 6-2, 6-3