Mustangs sweep Terra Nova 7-0
The Lady Mustangs swept Terra Nova 7-0 at the Tigers home court on Thursday, Sept. 20, 2012. This is the first time in a long while that Capuchino has swept another team in tennis. Capuchino is now 3-2 and in third place in the Ocean Division behind Half Moon Bay and South San Francisco. Capuchino had close matches with both teams.
The Capuchino tennis team was eager to take on the Tigers on their home court as they remembered the tough close match they had visiting Terra Nova last year.
Maggie Toval, Capuchino's number one singles player held court for more than two hours as the two PAL first team players battled for for pride since the team match had already been decided. Maggie came from behind 2-5 in the first set. The Lady Mustangs top player swept the match in two sets.
Miranda Guerrero made it look like an easy day by sweeping her opponent in two 6--1, 6-1 sets. Caps number two player is now 4-1 in match play. Miranda moved her opponent all over the place before finishing her off.
Allyn Benintendi had an easy first set but lost some focus in the second set but finished of with a tiebreaker win.
Kaila Ledesma had a good win in the fourth spot for the Lady Mustangs.
The doubles was all Capuchino as the partnership of Kimmy White/Layali Salameh at number one, Mitzi Rojas/Elizabeth Ramirez at number two and Raymie Michael/Daisy Ruiz at number three all had easy wins to cap a 7-0 run for the lady Mustangs.
1. Maggie Toval def. Clara Oh, 7-5, 6-2
2. Miranda Guerrero def. Cameron Langsjoen, 6-1, 6-1
3. Allyn Benintendi def. Jun Stephens, 6-1, 7-6 (7-2)
4. Kaila Ledesma def. Ali Godsoe, 6-1, 6-1
1. Kimmie White/Layali Salameh def. Megan Becken/Sarah Cziska, 6-1, 6-3
2. Mitzi Rojas/Elizabeth Ramirez def. Natalie Ruiz/Pearl Xie, 6-1, 6-0
3. Raymie Michael/Daisy Ruiz def. Marjorie Borend/Shaylin Montgomery, 6-2, 6-1